Entrepreneurial Leaders Program
Be part of the most rewarding and challenging program for growth-stage entrepreneurs in Atlantic Canada.
OUR MEMBERS ARE
more likely to succeed
A small, exceptional group of growth-stage entrepreneurs are invited each year to participate in the Entrepreneurial Leaders Program (ELP). The program is built with an entrepreneurial learning style in mind as a peer based program where they are given what they need to grow as leaders, CEOs and most importantly, as individuals.
IS THIS YOU?
The profile of the participants in the Entrepreneurial Leaders Program ranges from “accidental entrepreneurs” to leaders finding themselves at the helm of an existing company. Increase your chances of success by participating with peers that:
- Are running a business they founded, inherited or purchased.
- Are ready to “bust-out” with new products, export, plant expansion and/or hiring.
- Have growing staff and revenue.
- May or may not have formal business education.
- Are honest and open high potential entrepreneurs following a passion.
- Are committed to a head office in the Greater Atlantic Area.
About The Program.
Watch this video for a first hand look.
Is ELP for me?
Watch this video to learn more about ideal participant.
Am I in the right place?
Watch for more on the stages of growth and how ELP can help.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE APPLYING
What the selection committee will be looking for
- Exhibit personal tenacity and drive
- Growth/export potential
- Serial entrepreneurial behaviour
- Outside community involvement
The program includes twelve monthly sessions that are two days each (except for the first and last which are 3 days long). Sessions are designed to include 25% external content from speakers and 75% internal content from participants. Each session usually follow this schedule:
|9-12||Goal Review and Forum Updates|
|5-7||Break & Dinner|
|7-8:30||Fireside Chat with Keynote Guest|
|3-5||Peer Coaching & Goals Setting|
Topics and Schedule
The following are the dates of the program for next year.
Leadership & EntrepreneurshipKnowing yourself and preparing for the journey
Change and InnovationIdeas, intellectual property and execution
Strategic PlanningThe need for efficient execution
Teams and boardsGetting the people resources
Human ResourcesMobilizing and motivating
Customer ProfilingNo customers = no business = failure
Product managementProduct management
Marketing TacticsGetting heard at the lowest cost
Sales managementGet results with the right behaviour
Financial managementDevelop the financing plan
Financing the PlanNuances of investing
Going forwardChange management
The majority of sessions will all be held at a retreat where the group will have exclusive use of the facility. All meals and meetings will occur on site. At least one session per year will take place in each of the Atlantic provinces.
If you are an entrepreneur who is ready to take it to the next level of growth, then you are encouraged to apply for the Entrepreneurial Leaders Program (ELP). The application deadline is March 31st.
Before you Apply:
- Familiarize yourself with information on ELP as well as WMI by reading through this website and connecting with alumni from across the region.
- Check the program dates above and on the downloadable brochure to ensure you don’t have date conflicts.
- Read over this downloadable example application below as a guideline. The application process is now online, but the example is still relevant.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request more information or to set up a call with WMI staff.
After you apply:
- Applications are sent to the judges after the March 31st deadline
- Finalists will be notified in mid-April that they are invited for a Face:Face interview in late May
- Finalists will be asked to submit a short bio and survey by April 30th
- The new members will be chosen and announced during the final day of interviews in May
- The program commences in July
The total cost of the ELP Program is valued at over $27,000, which includes speaker fees, moderators, accommodations, meals on-site, and more. WMI covers approximately ⅔ of the fee through sponsorships and other fundraising efforts. The sponsors are some of the region’s top leaders and business icons, and through their sponsorship, they commit to meeting the participants of the program.
The cost of the program to ELP members is: $10,000 for year 1, and a portion of the fees are allocated to the second year of ELP when the group continues as Alumni. At the end of Year 1, each forum designs its own format for the following year.
Note: Some provincial/federal government funding programs will provide subsidies for up to 50% of the costs of the program.
Click to see what current participants have to say
Download our printable 2023/2024 brochure
Are you ready to grow?
The Entrepreneurial Leaders program may be for you.
Increase your chances of success by adding on the honest, open, experiences of other entrepreneurs who have dealt with similar issues